Sunday, March 1, 2009

Work Continues...

Over the past week work has slowly continued with the new module.

The mainline has been partially laid - permanently as far as the level crossing, but the remainder of the mainline is pinned temporarily, until I have some time to construct the mounting bracket for the off-scene setup tracks.

The tramway permanent way was laid, using Atlas Code 100 flex, which was re-railed using N scale Code 80 rail, producing a far finer rail profile to be embedded in the road surface. The footpaths were made from 1.5mm Styrene sheet, and the road surface then filled using plaster, tinted with a few drops of Floquil Engine Black - just enough to get rid of the stark white appearance of plaster in its natural form. Unfortunately, I ran out of plaster, combined with unexpected visitors meant that the opportunity to get some more supplies was limited.

The pub has also received its signage, which means the pub only needs me to get around to painting the downpipes, TV antenna and conduits until its finished.

Also progressing slowly is my model of Vinelander sleeping car #14 - I finally got some Microscale Krystal Cleer which means the windows have finally been glazed and as I type this, I am waiting for the windows to dry!

Anyway, thats the extent of progress to date.

Happy Modelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment